Summer is here! While we sure love the long sunny days, we also dread the thought of donning an elaborate ethnic look at this time of the year thanks to the heat. Ladies, no need to break into a sweat because we have you covered. These five ethnic trends will help you beat the heat and look your glamorous best.
- Kurtis with a twist: A plain, sharp Kurti never goes out of vogue and ranks right at the top when it comes to summer go-to wear. Be it for work or for an after-office party, enhance the beauty of a traditional Kurti with the crispness of a shirt in the form of a Shirt-style Kurti. 2. Crop it down: Crop top blouses are a radical, urban take on the typical Indian blouses. They are short like the modern day crop tops that you can team with splendid Lehengas, Flowy Salwars and fitted Churidaars to make heads turn wherever you go.
3. Max it out: If there’s one fabric you cannot go wrong with in summer, it’s hands down cotton. When worn in the form of a maxi, it can do wonders not only to how you look but also the way you feel. This breathable fabric keeps you cool and the maxi lets you flaunt those curves in style!
4. Block the sun: Nothing spells ethnicity like block prints. And the best part is that they are now available on your favorite outfits. Lead the charge against soaring temperatures with elegant block printed Anarkalis, Chic Kurtis and versatile embroidered palazzo pants.
5. Go light, go linen: How can we forget the indigenous Saree while we’re talking ethnic wear? Summer is a great time to drape yourself in linen Sarees and make a bold statement. Linen is made from natural fiber that absorbs heat and helps to keep your body cool.
Rounding things off, here are five fabrics to stuff your wardrobe with that allows you to go out and enjoy the sun without the puffing and the panting:
Crepe: A Favorite of the designers, this wrinkle-free fabric is high on comfort and is ideal to chill out with in summer.
Chiffon: A very balanced, plain-woven sheer fabric, chiffon is Georgette’s twin sister whose flawless beauty lets you beat the furious sunny blues.
Georgette: Lightweight and great to carry all day, Georgette dries quickly and is easy to maintain.
Khadi: This natural fabric is skin and Eco-friendly, and has earned a reputation for its soothing and calming effect.
Rayon: Ideal for the humid weather, rayon is an ultralight, glossy fabric that’s quick to absorb sweat and even quicker to dry off.
Whenever the word vintage gets associated with anything, it reminds us of something classy and from a different era. Vintage sarees are something similar, they carry the essence and elegance of an era. Although the terminology is somewhat new and uncommon, vintage sarees are those that are made of materials used in earlier ages. Vintage sarees can have handloom works on it, can be hand-woven or even have intricate works and designs that are almost lost in today’s times. Interested? Well, here goes a few of the vintage sarees with which you can adorn yourself and turn heads!
- Resham Sarees: Elegant, comfortable and yet stylish, resham sarees once ruled the market before varieties of silk came in. Till date, resham sarees are the epitome of class and legacy of embroidery works in India. Try getting one in your wardrobe and wear it in occasions where you can set yourself a class apart.
- Georgette Silk: Another beautiful creation from the house of traditional weavers are georgette silk sarees. Georgette is not exactly an Indian product and it owes its origin to France. Today, georgette silk sarees are there in the market but mostly as designer items. Georgette sarees with sequin and pearl embroidery has a chic look that you can wear to parties and weddings as well.
- Art Silk Printed Sarees: Art silk has recently gained a lot of market and has become quite famous among this generation. But apart from normal floral printed art silk sarees, the vintage art silks have stories or any particular pattern printed on them. Adorn yourself in one such antique collection.
- KanchipuramPatliPallu Sarees: PatliPallu, locally known as half-n-half in today’s fashion world, is quite an old form. But the vintage feel comes when PatliPallu is combined with Kanchipuram silk. The look and feel of the saree is gorgeous and when you wear one, you are sure to enjoy the feeling of being a glamorous eye candy!
- Jaipuri Gota Patti Sarees: As the name goes, gotapatti sarees have elegant zari embroidery that gives a queenly look to it. But a proper vintage collection would be Gota Patti Rust Fabric saree of pure georgette material. Add one to your collection and adorn yourself in the beauty.
- Kora Silk Embroidered sarees: Kora silk is again one of the oldest forms of silk sarees. But kora silk with heavy floral embroidery is a collection you would love to have in your wardrobe. So enrich your wardrobe and gift yourself a beautiful look.
Hope you loved our article. Do share with us how you are upgrading your wardrobe! Waiting for you!
SIX IDEAS TO DRESS UP FOR A WEDDING PARTY
The season of love has arrived when two souls tie knots and unite forever and beyond. This season also calls for fresh fashion and styles because Indian weddings are mostly about ethnicity and elegance. With multiple invitations flowing in, most of us spend our time standing in front of the closet and wondering what to wear. Well, not to worry anymore. We are here with a brilliant ethnic collection to cater to your elegant desires. Here are some tips on what to wear and how to make a mark at every wedding invitation you attend.
- Drape up: The easiest and best option for weddings are sarees. But what will make you stand out of the crowd? Your dazzling elegance. Go for a sleek chic look with a simple yet gorgeous embroidered saree. The best ones are those with a one colored base with heavy embroidery work on it. Chiffon, heavy silks and Georgette bring out the best of the looks.
- Skirts : Brocade skirts and/or embellished skirts are the trend setters. Teaming the skirts with crop tops or short jackets or even cold shoulder tops is the way to stand out and make a statement this season.
- Floor lengths : Flowy floor lengths add drama to the outfit. Gorgeous flair with conceptual embroidery placement makes a perfect picture. Light, flowy dresses have a kiss of ethnic embroidery which makes it a sophisticated outfit and a wonderful choice for wedding parties.
- Lehenga Sarees: For those who love traditional wears but also loves a mix of styles, a Lehenga Saree is perfect for them. An elegantly embroidered Lehenga paired with a finely embroidered blouse teamed with a Banarsi Dupatta is sure to turn a lot of heads!!!
- Zardosi extravaganza: If Zardosi is a charm for you but Saree is not, in that case this Zardosi suit is perfect for you. Made of silk with gorgeous Zardosi work on it, this suit is perfect for weddings. Feel free to run around with this wonderful work and stand out of the crowd.
- Jacket love: Can you think of a long jacket that can serve the purpose of a whole wedding dress? Yes, this is another gem of our collection, a long silk embroidered full sleeves jacket that brings out the elegant goddess in you. Pair it with gold brocade trousers and work your magic!
There are many more styles for you to dress up for weddings. We will bring you more of our collections and many more fascinating style tips. Keep reading and stay with us.
This is the excerpt for your very first post.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.